Monday, September 24, 2007

i haven't posted in here forever!

Quick update: I'm a college sophomore now. I apologize to my one or two readers for not updating more often. I'm making Blogger into my homepage so I remind myself to update more.

So anyway, I left my room today to grab dinner at the Diner and got on an elevator with this large-ish white guy holding a tuba. So down we went, from the 5th floor, stopping at the 4th floor and then the 3rd. By the time we were at the 3rd floor, the tuba guy was pretty frustrated, to the point, I think, that he took on an Irish accent when he said, "Lord, why's it keep stopping!"

The guy getting on at this point asked, "Is this elevator going down?" The tuba guy replied, "Seems to be a popular direction."

To this, the first guy said, "Well, I guess there's only two ways to go. Up or down."

And for some reason, this to me seemed a satisfying comment on life.

No comments: